This document provides an overview of the Inspector volunteer role, including expectations, skills required, and recommended training. Inspectors are responsible for determining if robots are constructed within the rules outlined in the Game Manuals. All teams must pass inspection before competing.
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Physical Activity: Moderate (Mix of sitting and walking)
- This role is best served by ages 18 and up
- Understanding of the drone and safety rules as written in the game manual
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Ability to collaborate with others as a team
- Conduct inspections to verify the robots comply with the rules and specifications outlined in the game manual.
- Use the Inspection Checklist to ensure compliance.
- Confirm any questionable judgment calls with the Head Referee.
- Work with teams that are having difficulties to help them pass inspection.
- Perform re-inspections of teams, as requested by a Head Referee.
Training & Preparation
- Review the game manual, paying special attention to The Drone and Safety sections.
- Review the Inspection Checklist
- Supplies: Pen, clipboard, Team List, Inspection Checklists, and Game Manual
On Event Day
- Wear comfortable team-neutral clothing that is appropriate for a school related event, closed toe shoes, and a volunteer shirt (if provided).
- Sign in at Volunteer Check-in, then report to the Lead Inspector. If you are the Lead Inspector, report to the Volunteer Coordinator or Event Partner.
- Report to the inspection table at least 30 minutes prior to team check-in for your event. Refer to the event schedule for exact timing.