The Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation is pleased to announce the winners of the 2020-2021 Online Challenges! Our online judging panel reviewed over 1,400 entries in this round and they were impressed by the incredible quality and passion of submissions. Students should be very proud of their work. We saw many new teams entering challenges this year, and we hope to see that trend continue. Thank you to all who participated!
The winners of the 2021 Online Challenges are as follows:
- 936C from Hong Kong, China with The Computer Recycling Club
- 1028Z from Omaha, Nebraska, USA with 1028Z: Spreading STEM Education to the Next Generation
- 2602G from Hopkinton, Massachusetts, USA with 2602G: Uniting the Community Through STEM
- 33011X from Morrisville, North Carolina, USA with Critical Error Community Service
- 3303X from Dublin, California, USA with 3303X Against COVID
- 8059X from Singapore, Singapore with Team 8059X's Community Award Submission
- 1965Z from Lincolnshire, Illinois, USA with STEMCrashCourse Event for Community Award Challenge
- 2360A from Naperville, Illinois, USA with Community Service: Time to Change Up
- 421H from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA with Protecting Our Community
- 90F from Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, USA with Food Delivery Made by Robot
- 8995E from Aurora, Illinois, USA with 8995E is promoting robotics inclusiveness, one Zoom at a time.
- 10C from Redmond, Washington, USA with Exothermic Robotics: Building an Inclusive Community
- 27085B from London, UK with 20785B & 20785C | Unite Video: "Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging"
1st: 5327C from Dublin, California, USA with 5327C BaoFeng UV-5RTP Radio Disassembly
2nd: 10C from Redmond, Washington, USA with Deconstruction of a VEX Transmitter and Receiver
3rd: 8059Z from Singapore with Team 8059Z's Electronics Online Challenge Submission
College/University: NXS, from Ipswitch, Massachusett, USA with Compact Ratcheting System
High School: 7686B from Harrisburg, South Dakota, USA with Ratcheting Sprocket
Middle School: 95070A from Saratoga, California, USA with The Wire Claw - Team 95070A
1st: 41091A from Union, Kentucky, USA with Revelation Robotics Website
2nd: 9181C from Delta, British Columbia, Canada with Seaquam Robotics Website!
3rd: 2381C from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with 2381 Organization Website
986A from Simi Valley, California, USA with Autodesk Fusion 360 Cloud-Based Technology Experience
11476A from Hialeah Gardens, Florida , USA with Teacher Fusion 360 Challenge
VEX IQ Challenge
- 99808A from San Diego, California, USA with Keep Calm and Write On
- 1041C from Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA with Empty Field
- 99991A from Miami Springs, Florida, USA with Learning to code, keeping social distance*
- 214A from Arcadia, Indiana, USA with Girls in STEM
- 10142Y from Honolulu, Hawaii, USA with Building Virtually with My Robotics Team
VEX Robotics Competition/VEX U
- 64647N from Bakersfield, California, USA with The Shadow Behind Those That Follow
- 295N from Granite Bay, California, USA with Left Behind
- 36637A from Suez, Egypt with 36637A - We Will Never Forget our Friend
- 62880B from Bayside, New York, USA with Back to Basics
- 3547H from Monroe, Michigan, USA with Happy and Healthy*
1st: 99808A from San Diego, California, USA with Rising Above the Glass Ceiling
2nd: 55821S from Clermont, Florida, USA with 55821S - Girl Powered Spartabots
3rd: 5081F from Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA with 5081F: Girl Powered!
1st: 5327Z from Dublin, California, USA with Girl Powered: Changing it Up, One Girl At a Time
2nd: 6546A from Central Singapore, Singapore with VEX Girl Powered Essay 6546A
3rd: 4253A from Taiwan, China with RAID ZERO A: BEYOND THE 18 INCHES
1st: 10142A from Honolulu, Hawaii, USA with A Difficult Year is Nothing to Fear!
2nd: 1012W from West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with VEX IQ Promote Video
3rd: 6855A from Palmetto Bay, Florida, USA with Robotics is Fun
1st: 97101G from Freemont, California, USA with "Being the Change" - 97101G
2nd: 98807A from Wenatchee, Washington, USA with VEX Brought Me Here - 98807A Promote Online Challenge
3rd: 64647N from Bakersfield, California, USA with “This is VRC”
Galaxy Edge IRHS from Chula Vista, California, USA with Mustang Robotics Alumni Dysprosium Series
YNOT from Knoxville, Tennessee, USA with Creating a Custom Indexer Wheel
VEX IQ Challenge - Elementary School
- 11900A from Henderson, Nevada, USA with 11900A-Airlines Keeping Us Safe from COVID
- 6403G from Sheffield, Ohio, USA with COVID Catch & Clean - by 6403G Programming Princesses
- 94568C from San Ramon, California, USA with Robotics in Food Industry*
- 988A from Chatswood, Australia with Nothing is Impossible*
- 19948B from Hialeah, Florida, USA with NHE Robots ID#19948B STEM Research Project
- 33300M from Minneola, Florida, USA with Ultrasonic Fuel Flow Meters
- 9007T from Cumming, Georgia, USA with VEX IQ STEM 9007 T Research Project Autonomous Vehicle Platform!!
- 3725C from Garland, Texas, USA with Safety with Sensors
- 11876C from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA with Team 11876C STEM PROJECT 2020-2021
- 5164C from Pacific Palisades, California, USA with 5164C - Heat Sensors for a Change
- 1251G from Dallas, Texas, USA with Disinfecto*
- 92808A from Jericho, New York, USA with Vex IQ Sensors
- 7700G from Glendale, California, USA with How can scientists use sensors to help with COVID-19
- 85571 from Baltimore, Maryland, USA with Smart Smoke Detector
- 9007A from Cumming, Georgia, USA with VEX IQ STEM Research Project Autonomous Cars rule the world!
VEX IQ Challenge - Middle School
- 22250B from Anaheim, California, USA with STEM Research project - Sensory Perception*
- 45009Y from El Paso, Texas, USA with 45009Y - Double RC: How Sensors Can Improve Robotic Hands
- 1073W from Table Top, Australia with Sensor Development in Cars
- 3383A from Irvine, California, USA with 3383A - Gyro Ultrasonic Range Finding Sensors
- 9007X from Cumming, Georgia, USA with VEX IQ STEM Research Projects Solving Autonomous Driving Errors
- 908A from Texas City, Texas, USA with Sensors in Oil Refineries
- 9007K from Cumming, Georgia, USA with VEX IQ STEM Research Project Solving Pollution 9007K Genius Bots
- 4270B from Honolulu, Hawaii, USA with 4270B STEM Research Project: Contactless Home*
- 1565F from London, United Kingdom with VEX IQ STEM Research Project
- 6546Y from Singapore, Singapore with One Degree North Jr - How can sensors be used to solve a problem?
- 85571A from Baltimore, Maryland, USA with BIA Healthcare Chatbot - Oura Ring Sensors
- 11110X from Henderson, Nevada, USA with Team 11110X STEM Project - Sensors in Cars
- 45009B from El Paso, Texas, USA with 45009B - Beautiful Blossoms: Dirt on Road? Which color is the best?
- 3383D from Irvine, California, USA with 3383D- Meteors: The Issue Mankind Needs to Solve
- 177B from Roy, Utah, USA with The Danger of Heatstroke
- 6855C from Miami, Florida, USA with Bridging Our Way to Civil Engineering
- 988A from Australia, Australia with My Future, My Life, My Robot*
- 6855B from Palmetto Bay, Florida, USA with Robotics Today, Zoology Tomorrow
- 3383C from Irvine, California, USA with 3383C – The Magical World of Imagineering
- 141B from Leo, Indiana, USA with Career Readiness: A Future In Space (141B)
- 2381C from Ontario, Canada with 2381C Programming Skills Online Challenge Entry
- 917Y from Bellevue, Washington with Quantum 917Y*
- 333A from Skokie, Illinois, USA with 333A – 2021 Annotated Programming Skills Online Challenge
- 1469A from Northridge, California, USA with Team 1469A VRC Annotated Programming Skills Challenge*
*These winners have set their submissions as private. Depending on the user, they may not be available for viewing.
**Winners were announced on December 4, 2020.
Feeling inspired by these submissions? Participate in our next round of Online Challenges open now!